Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Florida Drivers

We've all seen them. You might even be one of them.  I hope not.

I'm sure you know the ones I'm referring to...those guys and gals that weave, zip, and zap in and out and back and forth changing lanes faster than Jimmy Spencer changes hair pieces. You may have guessed it by now, but I am not a fan of aggressive driving. It's just not worth it.

Does it really get you there faster? Not usually. If I had a dollar for every time someone passed me on the interstate and then slowed down in front of me I'd be wealthy.  Maybe not that wealthy, but I wouldn't need to spend my own money to buy my afternoon snacks from the vending machine for at least a few weeks. 

I mean really?! 

Did the lady in black Cadillac Escalade really need to pass me so she could get in front of me and slow down 10 mph so I almost run into her rear bumper and bump draft her off the road? 

And, did the guy in the blue Honda Accord need to cut me off so close that I could literally count the pimples on his oily forehead just before he slammed on the brakes to turn onto the exit ramp, creating the need for me to hit my brakes hard with both feet?

Did the lady in the beat up Toyota Camry need to accelerate hard and almost hit my front end as she slipped her 15 feet long car into a 17 feet opening ahead of me just before we come to a complete stop at the next traffic signal?

Is it really that necessary? Worth it?

Reasons not to drive aggressively:

1.  It creates excessive wear and tear on your vehicle. 

2.  It hurts your gas mileage.

3.  It wears out your brakes.

4.  It actually increases your stress level.

5.  It endangers other drivers.

6.  It increases the chances of accidents.

7.  The guy you just cut-off just might be your new boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment