Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yulee Sugar Mill - Homosassa

We recently took a short drive to Homosassa to check out the Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins.

Here are a few pictures we took during the visit:


A short description from the Florida State Parks website:

This site was once part of a thriving sugar plantation owned by David Levy Yulee...The park contains the remnants of the once-thriving 5,100-acre sugar plantation: a forty-foot limestone masonry chimney, iron gears, and a cane press. The steam-driven mill operated from 1851 to 1864 and served as a supplier of sugar products for southern troops during the Civil War.

2 comments:

  1. great video, how does your dslr hold up when shooting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a Sony A700. It feels good in my hands. When I was camera shopping the other cameras I compared at the time in the same price range felt like toys. My hands are on the larger side. I really wanted to like the Olympus E510, but it's made for smaller hands.

    ReplyDelete