Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

50 Books to Read Before You Die

You may recall a post about my goal to read 12 novels in 12 months that I made a few weeks ago.  I referenced a blog by Amanda Land and her post about 50 Books to Read Before You Die.

Lord of the Flies, Educational EditionI've already marked The Road off my list and I'm currently reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding. The book was written in the 1950's and according to Stephen King, Lord of the Flies changed his life.  It's another one of those books that are assigned by high school English teachers, but somehow my high school English teacher didn't assign it to me.  If I recall correctly the book was on the reading list, but we weren't allowed to read it for credit in the college prep classes.

I'm currently reading Chapter 3 and the life change hasn't occurred for me yet, but since there's 190 pages to go I guess I still have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment