Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Citrus Lens

The Citrus Lens photo blog has a lot of nice Florida themed pictures of places to go and see.  We've actually been to most of the major places featured on the site, which makes me feel like I haven't missed too much during my almost 8 years of living in the Sunshine State.

One of my favorite series of photos focuses on the Florida Botanical Garden in Largo.  Linda and I visited the gardens a couple of years ago.  There was a special event being held in the parking lot and after checking out all the booths we decided to tour the gardens.  It's a fantastic place.  The photos on The Citrus Lens kind of make me want to visit again sometime soon.

We spent our first 4 1/2 years as Florida residents in Casselberry, FL and visited Church Street Station numerous times - usually on Sundays.  The Citrus Lens has several nice photos of The Station. I especially like the train picture.  I don't remember the train being there when we visited. Maybe it's a more recent addition?

And finally, if you're thinking of purchasing some photo equipment to start capturing your own unique images of this tropical paradise there's a My Gear section on the site that can offer you some suggestions. 

Here's a few of my own suggestions at various price points:

Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video with DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant LensSony A900 - High end professional level "full frame" dslr 

Pentax K-7 - Medium end hobby level dslr offering more control versus "point and shoot". It also offers 720p HD video capability.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 - Inexpensive camera with some medium and high end features including movie recording.

I use a Sony A700, that is now a discontinued model.  It's a 12.2 megapixel camera with built-in anti-shake capability.  It can use just about any of the older Minolta lenses that were very, very popular in the 1980's.  And, if I can ever save up enough "extra" money there are some killer Sony G-Series lenses built specifically for Sony that can bring out the best in digital photos. 

If you'd like to see more Florida pictures, please visit my Florida Nature photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment