Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Money Saving Tips

My wife and I are going to implement a money saving strategy I have read about at various times during the past few years in a variety of sources. It goes like this:

Instead of using debit and credit cards for purchases, switch to cash.

So here's what we're going to do....

We stopped by the ATM tonight and picked up $50 for me and $25 for my wife. Whatever is left over at the end of the week goes toward savings. Next week we start over again with $75. Interesting game, no? Yes. My wife added a wrinkle to kick it up a notch...if I spend more than $50 for the week (i.e. I come home with no cash), then I have to take my lunch via brown paper bag one day the following week.

I'm a competitive person and this sounds like just the kind of challenge I'll enjoy. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment